It is so easy to say, “It’s a pet peeve of mine when….”
Is there a magical tally somewhere that belongs to you, encompassing all of your “peeves”? And, is there a limit? I mean, you can’t have 50 pet peeves, or you may be high maintenance.
I’ve created my own list. It’s just five. What do you think?
- People who don’t put their grocery carts away after shopping. You know the ones: they leave their cart in the middle of the parking lot near cars or randomly near the entrance.
- The misuse of the word “irregardless.”
- People who talk during Pilates or Yoga. (If you have a question, ask the instructor later or don’t do the move… don’t inconvenience others, thus making everyone else keep the plank pose 30 seconds longer than normal.)
- Chain-letter-type email forwards.
- My newest one: people who don’t press “clear” after they have stopped their microwave time midway through the heating. Therefore, a random number is left up on the microwave for someone else to have to clear. Your mama doesn’t work at the office! No one is going to come behind you and clear out your choice of time because 19 seconds was too long to wait on your reheated spaghetti.