Friday Feast: Caramel Nut Crunch
Sometimes, a little mixing of cereal, M&Ms and pecans can make a weekend. Thus, this Friday Feast!
Caramel Nut Crunch
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Cleanup Time: 10 minutes with at least 30 minutes to soak the dishes
1 (12 oz) package of Crispix cereal
2 c pecans
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1/2 c dark corn syrup
1/2 lb M&Ms
- Melt butter, brown sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil stirring constantly about 5 minutes. (Before I did this, I prepared step two. Things happen very quickly.)
- Mix with cereal and nuts in a large bowl. (This may seem simple, but, oh, it’s not. Everything sticks to the sides and you start doubting the whole thing right then in the bowl. Don’t give up!)
- Lightly spray 2 large cooking sheets with cooking spray and spread cereal mixture evenly between the two baking sheets.
- Bake 1 hour at 250 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes. (Yes, it’s annoying to go back every 15 minutes to stir, but you’ve got to!)
- Pour cereal onto wax paper immediately to cool.
- After cooled, add M&Ms.
It’s so good…. perfect to snack on throughout the week or to have when guests are visiting! Also, you could just use certain colored M&Ms to celebrate certain seasons. Overall, this recipe is great for any occasion.