Skip to content

Adjectives on the Typewriter

January 27, 2010

I love old typewriters. Did you know that? I think very old ones are so pretty  and neat-looking. (I wonder if my kids will think my widescreen computer is “cool” in 2050?) When I helped my dad and uncle clean out my grandmother’s house, we found an old typewriter and an old calculator. I told them how much I loved them, so Daddy found another old typewriter of his. Now, I am proudly displaying two typewriters and a very cool old calculator in our foyer and living room.

For Christmas this year, another favorite present came from my parents, a very cool painting of a typewriter by Amy Dickson. I hung it over the display table in the foyer and it works perfectly with the real machines! I love it and how colorful it is.

I know this is just a brief glimpse of our house, and I’ve yet to show you a full tour. I know this has been in demand from a few of you, and I want to see if it’s really something people want to see! If I get 10 (!) comments from 10 different folks on this post, I’ll work up a house tour for you!

Advertisements
15 Comments leave one →
  1. megstermeter permalink
    January 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Yes to a house tour!!! I will come practice my photography skills if you would like :)

2. Kim permalink
    January 27, 2010 10:04 pm

The blue typewriter belonged to your momma.

3. Heat permalink
    January 28, 2010 9:31 am

I resent this blatant ploy to increase reader participation! But yes, I want a house tour. Also, what’s with the bowl of thread?

4. January 28, 2010 9:37 am

Heat, about the bowl of thread….

So that table is a “spool table” made strictly of old wooden spools. It was my grandmother’s, and I inherited it and think it’s super cool. Also, I found a ton of wooden spools of thread while at my grandma’s too. Apparently, wooden spools are very rare now because, today, they use plastic spools to hold thread. (And, now the wooden spools are worth a lot of money? JD’s aunt told me that.)

Therefore, the bowl of wooden spools on top of the spool table is kind of a funny placement to me. I enjoy the inside-joke/irony of the setup. :)

5. jauberry permalink
    January 28, 2010 11:33 am

I vote for the House Schmouse Tour 2010!

6. Rachael permalink
    January 28, 2010 12:34 pm

I vote of course on the house tour! :)

7. Amanda permalink
    January 28, 2010 12:59 pm

While there’s no way a computer tour will compare to the real thing, I’ll put in a vote for those less fortunate than me who haven’t seen it!

8. Heat permalink
    January 28, 2010 1:40 pm

K8: Thanks for the insight, that is pretty cool. Also, your comment counts towards the 10. Take that!

9. Stu permalink
    January 28, 2010 4:21 pm

If I see 9 comments from 9 different folks on this post, I will do everything in my power to prevent a photo tour of our home.

10. MamaStu permalink
    January 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Well, I make a different folk. Kate, I like your house. I think everyone would enjoy a tour.

11. Heat permalink
    January 29, 2010 8:42 am

JD: Clearly you’ve been outranked by your own mother

12. Stu permalink
    January 29, 2010 8:44 am

Outranked? She was #9. She kept this photo tour from happening.

13. Pappy permalink
    January 29, 2010 4:00 pm

When does the tour begin? Will you be serving refreshments?

Trackbacks