Friday Feast: Bacchus Bars
Well, it’s back to me as your Friday Feast cook. Did you miss my crazy concoctions?
In preparation for something new, fun and festive for Easter, here’s a dessert that is just wonderful. I served it to my girlfriends at our monthly wine night a few weeks back, and they loved it. It is super rich (Paula Deen might use ice cream to “cut” the sweetness of these bars), but it was good on its own too.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cleanup time: 5 minutes
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 (6 0z) pkg butterscotch morsels
1 (6 oz) pkg semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 (3 1/2 oz) can flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or 325 degrees if using a glass dish).
- Melt butter and pour into 13×9 pan.
- Sprinkle crumbs over butter.
- Pour condensed milk evenly over crumbs.
- Top with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, and nuts.
- Press down gently.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into bars.