Friday Feast: Butter-Crusted Tilapia
Ahh, fish. The perfect summer dinner: light and easy on the hips for bathing suit season!
Except, is it that healthy with all this butter? I discovered this great tilapia recipe on Cooks.com, and it was a butter, I mean, big success!
Buttery-Crusted Baked Tilapia
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Cleanup Time: 5 minutes
4 6-oz boneless tilapia filets
6-8 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 chili powder
other seasonings that you like (I used parsley, but basil or rosemary would be great too)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange fish on lined baked sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crushed Ritz crackers with seasoned salt, chili powder and other seasonings.
- Cut butter into 6 equal pats. Place one pat a piece directly on the center of the tilapia.
- Cut remaining 2 pats into pea-sized pieces and mix by hand into cracker mixture.
- Sprinkle crumbs equally over each tilapia fillet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.