Labor Day Recap
September 7, 2010
Hoo wee, what a good long fun Labor Day weekend. Three full days of friends, yummy food, football, movies, and time in the garden. A couple of comments:
- Movie “Book of Eli”… goodness it was great. Still thinking about it.
- I got a weird rash for 24 hours after severe garden pruning. Note to self: Benadryl is great but lasts in my system for a very long time. Still fighting the sleepies.
- JD and I went tailgating and to the Vanderbilt game… tickets and food (Jim ‘n Nicks) were free to all employees and their families. Seriously, it is good to work for Vandy.
- Tried and failed at running in the morning… my pal Libby is trying to convince me to run this awesome 5K, but I have more energy in the evening. How do I get myself ready for an early morning run?
- Started listening to Vampire Weekend again. They sound a lot like Paul Simon, another favorite.
- Over the weekend, we took advantage of the Labor Day Whole Foods deal: 8 burgers, 8 buns, 8 slices of cheese, coleslaw and two cantaloupes for $20. Pretty awesome. JD did a great job on our burgers.
- Last night, JD and I stayed up until almost 1 a.m. watching “Notting Hill” for the 27th time. Ah, the pleasures of married life… always having a buddy to make bad sleep decisions with.