Skip to content

A long-awaited announcement

August 8, 2011

I’m so excited to announce that we’re pregnant, due on February 16! I’m almost 13 weeks, and I’ve been really itching to tell you but wanted to wait until after the first trimester and the higher risk of miscarriage has passed.

This has been a long journey for me and JD, one that is worth talking about. So, hang on this week and I’ll give more details (as early as Wednesday). Also, don’t worry: this blog isn’t going to turn into a “mommy blog,” but you know what? It’s about me and the things I find… if I post some things about kiddos every once in a while, you can just skip it. I won’t mind!

Advertisements
11 Comments leave one →
  1. Misty permalink
    August 8, 2011 8:03 am

2. megstermeter permalink
    August 8, 2011 8:44 am

HoooRAAAAAYYY! Does this mean I can chat with co-workers about this now??

3. Adam Denison permalink
    August 8, 2011 8:46 am

That’s so awesome, Kate! Congratulations. Kids are amazing. At times you’ll want to pull your hair out, but moments later your heart will melt over something they do. It sounds sappy, but it’s true. Very happy for you.

4. Casey Robert permalink
    August 8, 2011 10:07 am

Wa-hooooo!!!!!! I hope we get to throw you a baby shower :)

HUGS HUGS HUGS

PS Baby blogging is totally fine with me!

5. Cheryl Ahonen permalink
    August 8, 2011 10:51 am

CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting! I’ll eagerly by awaiting story time later this week.

6. August 8, 2011 12:36 pm

Yay Kate!!!! I’m so happy for you. I’m more than happy to read about kid stuff — you just wait, hone, motherhood changes everything — but in the best way. Love it!

7. Lauren permalink
    August 8, 2011 4:10 pm

Yay!!! I was wondering when y’all were going to have some babies!!! I know Jd has been ready for about 10 years now. Definitely keep us updated via schmate!!!

8. Christi permalink
    August 9, 2011 11:15 pm

You and JD will be the best parents…I LOVED being pregnant… it is such a special time!

9. August 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Congrats on your upcoming little one! Yay! So exciting!!

Trackbacks